I found this on the internet the other day. I think if I ate some of this stuff it would kill me.My comments are in green!!!
50 Things to Eat Before You Die
- by The_Stir, on Tue Aug 3, 2010 2:04pm PDT
1. Chicago-style deep dish stuffed pizza with every topping imaginable
no fish or mushrooms and maybe this would be okay
2. Caviar (local and sustainable, of course!)
nope not any day
3. Fried chicken and waffles
sounds all right
4. Just-picked, vine-ripened heirloom tomatoes with fresh basil and mozzarella di bufala on crusty bread.
I guess this would be okay, but I still think just the tomatoes with onion on bread and butter are still my favorite.
5. Perfect scrambled eggs with crème fraiche and chives
I don’t know what creme fraiche is!!!
6. French press coffee with real cream
I could handle this. But can I add sugar???
7. Champagne and strawberries
Have always wanted to try this every since I have watched Pretty Woman.
8. Steak tartare and fresh arugula with a drizzle of oil
9. Hot dog from a street cart with all the fixings
10. Authentic Vietnamese pho soup with beef, rice noodles, sprouts, fresh herbs, and sriracha (perfect for when you’re feeling under the weather!)
11. Spicy tuna sushi roll topped with avocado
no way no how I don’t do raw fish
12. Fried soft shell crab
I don’t do seafood
13. Mayo-rich lobster roll
same as above
14. Baklava (Middle Eastern filo pastry filled with walnuts and honey)
always wondered what this was
15. S’mores by the campfire
or by kitchen stove!!! both ways work for me!!
16. Churros dipped in melted chocolate
almost anything dipped in chocolate!! Not raw fish!!!!
17. Bagel with cream cheese and lox
okay have had the bagel and cheese but what is lox???
18. Ice-cold shake
19. Sweet potato fries fried in truffle oil
have had sweet potato fries does this count??
20. Anything with truffle salt
where do you get this and how much does it cost??
21. Escargot drenched in garlic butter
I think this rates in the seafood category
22. Beignets right out of the fryer, dusted with powdered sugar
Is this a pastry?? okay I would try it
23. Real strawberry ice cream
oh yeah with fresh fresh strawberries
24. Fresh-caught, head-on prawns over homemade pasta (preferably eaten in Italy)
are we talking seafood again??
25. Chocolate-filled croissants with cappuccino on a Sunday morning
okay this works
26. Pork belly
probably have eaten this with out my knowledge
27. Tandoori lobster with garlic-butter naan
do these people know what BEEF is
and how are you??
to waxy but yep have had this
30. Kansas City-style BBQ ribs dripping with sauce
now they are talking beef or pork!!
31. Salted caramels
I like salty and sweet
32. Fried Twinkie
gotta try this one
33. Homemade cannoli filled with ricotta
okay if I can cover with sauce
34. Nutella-filled crepe with fresh strawberries
chocolate need I say more!!
35. Full-fat eggnog dusted with freshly ground nutmeg
been there did not like that
36. Greek yogurt with honey and fresh raspberries
well if it’s not to different from american
37. Southern-style shrimp and creamy grits
I thought they were off the seafood thing
38. Mexican grilled corn with lime, crema, and chili powder
sounds better than seafood
39. Fresh-made guacamole with blue corn tortilla chips
my sister in laws guacamole and your right up my alley
40. Grilled summer peaches with brown sugar
how do I make
41. Fried green tomatoes
42. Big Mac
who has not had a big mac
43. Baked Camembert
sounds seafoody to me
44. Homemade gnocchi in tomato cream sauce
lets keep the tomatoes on bread with onion and butter
45. Butter lettuce from the farmers’ market drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a few drops of really good olive oil
close to the way mom use to make it, maybe not as FANCY
46. Just-made glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut
well almost just made!!
47. Mussels steamed in ale
I’ll take the ale and you can keep the mussels.
48. 8-hour (or longer!) braised osso bucco
49. Duck fat French fries
how about stuffed duck and french fries??
50. Bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with Gorgonzola
I don’t think I want my dates wrapped or stuffed with anything but money!!!
Hope you enjoyed, I sure had fun!!