Okay I will admit it… I am a terrible blogger!!!
I could think of a million excuses why I have not wrote anything on here for months, but my biggest is ….. Life is busy!!
So I guess I will just give you a list of things that have been going on in my life…
- As most of you know I lost my mom on the 15th of May. Was very hard to see her go, but know she is in heaven and will see her again someday.
- My sister came a couple of weeks before mom passed away. It was a very hard time for us but we grew closer in the time we had together. We laughed, we cried and we took care of our momma together. Now with the closeness we have I miss her even more when we are apart!!
- Our daughter came home and spent 6 weeks with us after moms passing. She was my rock and my shoulder to lean on. She also checked out available jobs in our area, but with no good prospects she went home to teach another year. Was so good to spend that time with her, we have both had a rough year and needed that time together.
- We have had some medical problems to face in our family and this lays heavy on our minds. Will fill you in more when we know more.
- The artist reception was great. Several of my family and friends attended with me. I did not win any prizes, but was complemented several times on my photos. It was a neat experience!
- Mike and I spent 6 days camping with friends on the Shoshone river. We spent a fun-filled day in Yellowstone and one day going through Buffalo Bill Cody Museum. Only caught a few fish but they were all nice ones. Mike and I walked to the bottom of Lower Falls, was well worth the 328 steps down and 328 back up!!
- I entered 6 photos in the county fair. “Heaven’s Lace” received a second place ribbon and a Judges Choice Ribbon. I also received 1-second place ribbons, 1-fifth place and a first place on my scrapbook I entered.
- Micheal is building me a 10 x 16 foot shed. It will have power and heat and will be my new sewing/crafting room. I have named it “The Butterfly Bungalow”!!! I will finally have some closet room and room in my bedroom when I get everything moved out of the house. I am really looking forward to getting it done.
- I met a new friend at bowling. We have lots of things in common and have really become good friends. I so enjoy having someone to do things with.
- I spent one Saturday morning selling some of my pictures and crafts at the local farmers market. They included us crafters this year. Hope to make it a couple more Saturdays before fall. One of my nieces joined me with somethings she had made. We enjoyed spending time together.
- While Sassy was here we went to Colorado for a weekend to help my niece move and I got to spend time with a good friend/sister that I had not seen in a long while.
- Some changes were made at work and the company let the guy working for me go and hired a salesman/manager to work with me. All is going good and “J” and I are enjoying working together.
- We got a new Subaru and 2 days after the first payment we had a hailstorm and done $6000. damage to it. Still waiting to get it fixed.
Well I guess that hits on the last few months. It has been rough with out my momma, but I am tough like she was and I will make it. Somedays I still feel like I am trying to find myself as I was so busy being a daughter sometime that I did not know who I was. I think I will like the person I am becoming, I think I have not only got another year older in the last few days, I feel that I have really matured in the last few months. I think even my siblings look at me with a new look at who I am, I am not just the baby sister anymore to them, I am a adult, finally at 48. I know I have many more trials and tribulations to go thru in this life, but with God and those that love me, I can get through them all. As momma always told us kids “THE SUN WILL SHINE TOMORROW”!!!!!